Some things to keep in mind…
- The therapeutic relationship between the therapist and client is an important one. Many difficult issues will be faced and discussed together and in order to gain the most from therapy, I expect you to be honest and open.
- I believe counseling is unique for each person, and I approach each session with genuineness, openness and empathy.
- I believe it is important for you, as the client, to explore who you are, not just through your past experiences but also through your present emotions, behaviors and future goals. We will set long and short term goals together. This means you will be an active participant in your own therapy and should expect to work, reflect and try new skills.
- In my work with adolescents, I believe that good rapport and trust are key for success. I strive to maintain confidentiality within limits so that safe progress can be made toward reaching goals. I always keep parents/guardians informed of progress and of any safety concerns that arise, but I do not discuss everything that children share with me in confidence.
- I believe that counseling should be enjoyable! Both laughter and tears are important parts of change and healing. Serious matters are generally discussed in therapy, but it is healthy to enjoy the process as well.
- Therapy sessions are 50 minutes.
- Hours - call for availability
- The following insurance plans are accepted at MAI by participating therapists: Aetna, Beacon/Value Options, United Behavioral Healthcare/Optum, Cigna, Magellan, Meritain, Compsych, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Call to schedule an appointment today
* Contact info under Meet the Staff *
Providing Professional Counseling in Lebanon, TN
MAI Counseling Services LLC